Miles to Health

Sunday, July 26, 2015

One of my favorite race took place between yesterday and today Burning River 100, I love seeing the runners push themselves to accomplish new goals, I still have mixed feelings about the 8 person relay that was introduced last year, I know for some 13-15 miles will be a great accomplishment but I wish in the spirit of keeping this race purely an ultra race the relay would have been 3 person with distances about or above the 50k mark. Hearing someone claim they ran BR100 and only haven't done 13 miles some how feels wrong but none the less always happy for any runner that can push to accomplish new goals, saw some great runners out their yesterday in the blazing heat.

Met up with Shelby and Mandy at 8:30am yesterday at Egbert, which was aid station F and a relay exchange point, the whole area was a buzz of activity, it was nice seeing so many people out supporting the runners and the runners waiting for their relay leg to come in, didn't go near the aid station wanted to get the run in since the day was already getting hot.

I have been struggling with leg turnover lately not 100% sure what is going on, legs also not recovery as good as they use to, I will be reviewing my training log to see what I am doing run, the run yesterday was a bit of a disappointment although better than expected considering the heat and rolling hills.

Shelby and I got in 13miles, Mandy turned around after 5 to get in 10  mins, it was great seeing the BGR ladies manning BR100 aid station G,  they did an incredible job for their 1st big aid station and most are not even trail runners, so incredible proud of those ladies.

After the run, got in Cathe Ripped with Hiit Lower Body Circuit Premix #2, before showering before heading to a  much needed massage, I have her focus on upper body, I seem to have more kinks in my body than my legs. Afterwards i made a quick drive to aid station G to see the last of the runners go through.

Quick dash back home to change for a graduation party, always love hanging out with my Nigerian family, for some reason with no alcohol at the party and my house being 5 mins away of couple of friends ended up at my house for wine, it was a great time with the last quest leaving about midnight.




No comments: